WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
The level 1 Award in Wines, is suitable wine enthusiasts and for those preparing for, or employees starting their first job in wine. The course will introduce them, at a basic level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage and service and the pairing of food and wine.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Candidates must be of legal drinking age in the UK to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
On completion of the course candidates will be able to show:
- An understanding of the main types and styles of wines available
- Understanding of how to store wines
- Knowledge of how to serve wines to customers
- Awareness of issues relating to the safe consumption of wine
- Understand the basic principles of food and wine pairing.
Please visit the WSET website to view the full specification and course coverage, or download it with your pdf browser viewer here: level 1-wines-specification
Features of the course:
- Wine Tasting : Learn how to taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting. 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the Level 1 award Certificate Study Guide at the start of the course
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
Course Cost : £140
This includes :
- study book
- tasting samples
- examination fees
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Educator
- internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate, on passing the examination.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Course Dates:
Venue: Fownes Hotel, Worcester
- Tuesday 26th June 2018, 9:30am – 5:00pm
Fully inclusive cost: £140.00