WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
The WSET Level 3 qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is also necessary for candidates planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma.
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (OfQual) as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification.
The WSET Level 3 course is intended to provide in-depth knowledge of a wide range of wines. It focuses on factors that influence the style, quality and price of wines from major wine regions of the world.. Approximately70 wine wines will be tasted throughout the course helping to develop analytical tasting skills, using the WSET systematic approach to tasting.
On completion of the course candidates will have a greater analytical understanding of:
- Wine tasting: Using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and wine pairing
- Decoding and understanding wine labels
- Still Wine Production: Factors influencing the style, quality and price of win
- Sparkling Wines of the world: Methods of production and the main styles produced
- Fortified Wines: Methods of production and main styles of fortified wines
The award also requires approximately 56 hours of private study. Some of this will need to be undertaken before the start of the course.
The WSET Level 3 Award examination comprises of two parts: A theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section; five short written answer questions; and a blind tasting of two wines. A mark of 55% is required in all sections to pass.
Please visit the WSET website to view the full specification and course coverage, or download it with your pdf browser viewer here: level 3-wines-specification
Course cost: £660
Duration: 5 full days from 9:30 – 5:00pm plus (2.5hrs ) examination.
Venue: Published courses will take place at the Fownes Hotel, City Walls Road Worcester.
The course fee includes :
- WSET study pack, course book and study guide
- Examination fees
- Course led by a WSET qualified tutor
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate
- Tasting of approximately 70 wines
- Lunch included for full day courses
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Course Dates:
Venue: Fownes Hotel, City Walls Road, Worcester
- Dates to be advised Please enquire for group bookings
The award also requires approximately 16 hours of private study which of which will be advised by your tutor. Some of this may be done before the start of the course.
The Level 2 Award is assessed by a 1 hour examination paper comprising with 50 multiple-choice questions. A mark of 55% is needed to pass the exam. The exam is included in the dates and times of the course.